- November 8, 2021
- Posted by: JuliusAdmin
- Category: Get Answer to Question
Consider the following scenario for your Unit VII Scholarly Activity: Your company just lost a multimillion-dollar contract with a company from South Africa when negotiations broke down at the bargaining table. This is not the first time that the company lost a lucrative contract because they could not close the deal when negotiating in a foreign country. As the newest member of the international human resource management (IHRM) team, you have been tasked with researching ways to increase the success of your company’s negotiating team. Specifically, your director is looking for a two-page report addressing the following issues:
- Describe how international negotiators can utilize nonverbal communication to enhance negotiations between different foreign cultures.
- Describe how persuasion is used in cross-cultural negotiations. Include three preparation and strategy tips for successful negotiations.
- Explain three personal characteristics of successful international negotiators and how these enhance their ability to handle cross-cultural negotiations. Give an example of each.
- Recommend how your company should integrate this information in a training program for international negotiators.
In the introduction to your scholarly activity, create a fictitious name for your company, and state where the company is located. List the city or neighborhood where you live as the location for your company. Your completed scholarly activity must be at least two pages in length. You are required to use at least two outside sources, one of which may be your textbook. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.