Dimensions of poverty and inequality in the world
- March 5, 2022
- Posted by: Phillip Author
- Category: Uncategorized
Write a 5-7 page paper (double spaced, 12 point font, standard margins) on one of the following topics. Please cite all your sources, with an accepted citational standard of your choice. The sources you may use will be:
- Reading material assigned in class
- Other material written by the authors assigned or mentioned in class
- Material about the authors assigned of mentioned in class, and their ideas
(1) Some theories in economics posit that poverty and inequality exist because of kinds of relationships between different groups in the economy (for example, the relationship between workers and capitalists, or the relationship between the Global North and the Global South). Other theories posit that poverty and plenty (and hence, inequality) don’t come from relationships between groups, but from the actions or circumstances of those who are poor and those who have plenty (i.e. savings and growth, industrial policy, geography).
Describe in detail two distinct theories or mechanisms from each group, for four in total. Conclude with your own evaluation of these theories: how well do they explain the various dimensions of poverty and inequality in the world?