The value of understanding how families function
- March 5, 2022
- Posted by: Phillip Author
- Category: Uncategorized
Counselors need to understand how family members interact and relate to each other. In this assignment you will examine how changes within the family system may affect relationship patterns or impact the family unit.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper analyzing the systemic approach to counseling. Use the following topics as headings in your paper and address each prompt with thorough and logical responses.
- In your own words, define systemic thinking.
- Describe the value of understanding how families function. How is systems thinking beneficial to a counselor?
- Explain how systems theory affects the family therapy process.
- Analyze how systemic approaches to counseling differ from individual approaches.
- Explain the role of constructivism in family therapy.